SCALING hatches

Hi all

Since I've known Catia for a long time, it's been impossible to find how to scale the hatches automatically.

That is to say that when I make a section and the scale of the piece is too small, some hatching disappears and reveals an outline on section with wide lines to identify that the hatching has disappeared. I am obliged to take them one part on a larger scale, before putting the plan back to the planned scale, it is very heavy.

Looking forward to your solutions, thank you.

Frédéric

Hello

It is indeed annoying.

To avoid this , I got into the habit of defining the size of the hatching on the material before creating the CATDrawing.

EDIT : I forgot to tell you that you can update the hatching from the material (it's convenient).

Otherwise the Ctrl key works , it saves you from modifying one by one.

Another way but that I can't test (it's forbidden with us) is to change the default standard. (right-click on the layer or views/Properties/More/Standards

Thank you Franck for your answer,

It is not related to the materials, in fact I do not apply it. So standard hatching.

In my example, the section is at 1/20 scale and I have to switch all the hatching to 0.1 width for example to see them appear. To modify them, I change the section back to ech 1/1 and modify this width (it almost makes me coloring, so tight on a 1/1 scale) so that they are visible in ech.1/20 and fill in the areas circled in bold.

Maybe I misunderstood your answer!

Cdt

Frédéric PISTENON

sect-hachures.jpg

By default it's related to the standard (ST5) for me not modifiable.

But if you apply a material and you change the " pitch " of the hatching in these properties (Drawing), you just have to right-click on only one of your visible hatchings in your CATDrawings (Properties / Fill / Reset with the material of the part) and it will modify in all your sections.

It's faster than changing scales and changing everything one by one.

Thank you again Franck,

But I'm sorry, but it's the opposite, the existing standard is broader than the one I would like to apply. When I do reset, I find the std 5, so invisible at 1/20°. And not all parts of the same material follow.

It is not normal that hatching does not follow the scale factor.

Still time for nothing!!

Fred

The default STD5 for us actually sets the PB inverse of you because we work on small parts and this sets PB on 1/1 scale views and less on n/1 views.

For you it's good at 1/1 scale and put PB down when you reduce 1/n.

Basically it's the same PB, under CATIA the hatching doesn't follow the scale factor of the views (unfortunately).

Unless you place the hatching manually, the representation of the hatching remains the same regardless of the scale.

For materials, when you modify the properties of a material in a CATPart you don't change the properties of this material under the library, that's why in an assembly all your parts can be made of Steel but each one has different drawing properties.

If you want to apply a modified material to several parts, you can create your own catalog.

Month I just proceed by copying / pasting my material.

You understood my problem well, and I thank you for it.

So I'm going to work on the material standard to solve this tedious and useless work.

We look forward to soliciting you again.

Frédéric PISTENON

ECPRO

1 Like