Crating

Hello

By pure chance, I was wondering if someone would not have made a program or something like this to allow to simulate a storage of solidworks parts.

In order to save as much space as possible for transport. Like, we have a folder with all our parts, we define a box size and he offers us several or the best position...

Does it exist?

Thank you

1 Like

Hello

I don't think it exists, but I'll check if a macro has not been published.

Thank you

I couldn't find anything directly related to SolidWorks!

Maybe see this software that is available in a trial version:

http://www.cargooptimizer.com/

It could be interesting to develop, but it's already very expensive and takes time for 2D, so for 3D, it must be a real headache!

Thank you.

Yes, I can imagine, not to mention the means of protection and the shapes of the parts.

The link you offer me looks good, for a cargo already made of cardboard.

I understand the complexity of the program for sure but I told myself that sometimes a geek might have already done it ..:)

MErci qd same

2 Likes

Sorry, I would also have been interested in such a tool!

After that, you have to leave the question open for a few days to see if others know anything.

Hello

I do it by tinkering... I also do laser prog, so I make a DXF of one of the views and define the format of my sheet metal (size format of the body or pallet) then I launch an automatic nesting with several parameters.

3 Likes

Hello 

I use the new Logopress3 module for nesting parts, and then on several levels if necessary.

A little link that goes well:)

http://www.logopress3.com/fr/nesting.php

Chances are that future updates will feature automatic calculation for different parts in 3D.

On the other hand for a macro integrated into SolidWorks (and free), I don't know about it :/

1 Like

They made a game like that.... it's called Tetris^^

I admit that it would be super practical to have this little software

Edit: I didn't know that Logopress could do this... to see =)

7 Likes

Well thank you for all your answers if anyone ever finds this, let him issue it online ...