Installing lids on an automatic tray

Hello

Regularly my colleagues and I draw a bin assembly with lids. The problem is that putting in place the cover is something long and tedious to do (see attachment). So I would like  to know if there is a macro type way on Solidworks 2011 to set up "covers" without having to do it manually one by one? 

Thank you in advance.

couvercles.pdf

For example, you can create your individual lids as parts and make your container a smart component.

Or create them directly in the bin room and play with the configurations.

Other solutions are also possible, such as creating a library of lids.

It remains to be seen which solution is the most suitable for you.

3 Likes

Hello

Thank you for your answer. What do you mean by making the bin component smart? 

For the solution of putting the lids in the bin part, we tried, this is not practical for the rest of the assembly.

For the lid bookcase, we can't use this solution either because from one bin to another we very rarely have the same lids.

Good evening Quentin

Look here  otherwise search for "SolidWorks Smart Components" on YouTube you have many very practical examples.

In a nutshell, they are automatic constraints under conditions defined by you beforehand.

Kind regards

3 Likes

in your case I can only see visually

2 types of lids

so the first one is installed with the untraintes that are fine

after repeating parts as well as stresses

Same for the 2nd lid

it's a little less manipe ;-)

See this link among others for smart components

http://www.lynkoa.com/contenu/composants-intelligents-2

@+ ;-)

4 Likes

Hello

I just looked at your PDF in more detail and it's normal that it's complicated. You have drawn you 12 lids in a room with as many extrusions... You should draw 1 of them and then make a repair if they are identical.  

As gt22 had already advised in the previous post.

4 Likes

Hello

If the trays and lids are elements that come up regularly, it can be interesting to create file templates with automatic constraints.