Drawing in Composer

Hello

It's all in the question. Have you ever used Composer to make drawings and if so, what technique do you use? 

My problems are notably on the management of a title block and on the management of several views on a board.

Thank you for your help.

1 Like

Hello rgrandjean,

What is your goal? Do you want to make drawings for production? Why with Composer?

Have a nice day.

2 Likes

Hello

Compositing is not used to make drawings but graphic content (image, exploded, video, ....) For me it's a mistake to want to do something else with it.

@+

3 Likes

Like my classmates, it's a bit like driving a nail with a saw. ;)

At most, you can make "pretenses" of drawing. But nothing purely technical. Besides, I don't see how we can make projected views that will be updated. Maybe we can tinker with images of details.

1 Like

Every tool has its use

As the previous answers compose is made and has been studied for some action that are more commercial than manufacturing

you created on  SW in 3D

you do your drawings on sw

your parts families are in SW and excel

Composer is a communication tool and like any communication tool.

It is not made for the fab 

@+........ Red Beanie

1 Like

@gt22: it's not just for comm, I have the majority of my customers who use it to explain assembly-disassembly procedures for their workshop or for after-sales catalogs.

@+

2 Likes

Hello

Sorry for my somewhat late response to your answers. 

I agree with Coyote that Composer is not for drawing. However, I still managed to make an interesting layout all in vector including the cartridge. 

Of course, the drawing is not dynamic as in SolidWorks but it met the customer's need who wanted a lighter tool to make large assembly boards. 

Thank you all for your answers. 

Cheers