Drawing a solidworks bent part

Hi all.

I have a fairly recurring problem on my drawings of sheet metal parts on solidworks 2014.

I design a set of sheet metal parts and when I draw on certain references the unfolded part is normally offered in the view palette as well as the same bent part, so I can do my drawing as a developed part/folded part.

On the other hand, on some part references, when editing the drawing  , the unfolded part is proposed as a folded part, I cannot make a dimensioning of a developed part. And when I open the room, the unfolded module works normally.

I hope it's understandable what I'm saying:p

Have you ever encountered this kind of problem?

Do you know what steps to follow in order to constantly have the 2 choices offered in the view palette during drawings?

Thank you in advance

Sami

Hello

Can you attach your piece?

Is there an error when clicking on "unfold"? (the unfolded in the tree becomes red...)

Look in your configurations, click on the "DefaultSM-flat pattern" configuration, and unfold your piece, then click on "default" and fold your piece.

Basically, you must have changed the room configuration without paying attention (for example by clicking on the unfolded part of your part in your drawing, and opening it. So your part opens unfolded, you fold it back, and by saving, you tell Solidworks that the unfolded state of your part is folded...

I don't know if I was clear but in writing it's not easy to explain....^^

I attach a screen print of the config.

deplie.png
4 Likes

Hello Sami,

If you do "Create a drawing from the room", SW automatically creates the "DefaultSM-FLAT-PATTERN" configuration. It is this unfolded configuration that appears in the view palette. It should never be folded up.

On the other hand, the functions added after the creation of this config. will probably not be in "deleted" mode; So be careful to reactivate them.

Until next time.

JP

4 Likes

Thank you Bart & JP.

It was indeed a config problem when displaying the development.

Nickel thank you again and have a good day

Sami