ENS DRAWING + PARTS DETAIL SHEET in a single file

Hello 

I make welded meccano and other assemblies

My first page contains an overview (see a fragment) with a bill of materials, then each subsequent page is the details of each part (laser cutting, machining etc)

Today, I repeat a la mano in each detail shot the quantity needed in my assembly.

Do you have a tip, see a property to put in the base plan so that for each part of my assembly I have the quantity of the nomenclature of sheet 1 the whole

Hello 

Have you tried with a note you bring back?

Hello ac cobra 427 , 

yes currently I am writing it down 

The note with the qut property does not take the quantity that is in the nomenclature of sheet 1, on the other hand in sheet 1 if I point it on a part it works I have the number of components.

What I miss is this bridge between sheet 2 where I paste the note and it is attached to the bom of sheet 1, 

The only solutions in my opinion:

1- Macro to develop

2-Mycadservice software integration - to do this, you must first export the excle bill of materials and then modify the qty property by looking for the value in the excel table.

We use method 2 with a plan per room, not by tab, but it must be able to adapt.

@sbadenis 

I have the full PDM/MyCadtools suite. 

As I'm under PDM, this means that I'll have to add a variable  "QUt in ENS", and that via integration I get the "filename" and QT listing of the set and then via CSV file I drive integration so that it fills the variable (file property) in accordance with the set

=> I would be alone at the BE ...  yes it does it as I have the "role of CAD admin" and that I fiddle a little bit with the biniou ...

But I've already had trouble changing the file states using the right click, so generating a file to output a listing with pfff integration

For solution 2 I export the bill of materials with the smartbom software.

To do this, open the assembly, launch smartbom, then export excel quickly (the 2nd excel icon) Before that, you must of course set it up to choose the columns  to export. (here Qty and the Part Number - the Part Number which is our file name is used to make the link in integration)

From my excel file with a macro I generate a csv file with the list of files for integration (possible to do it with smatbom and another type of export (csv)

Help to set up smartbom:

https://help.visiativ.com/mycadtools/2019/fr/SmartBom.html

Then in Integration I create a rule or I modify the Qty property by that of the excel file exported in smartbom and I generate a pdf and then I print in batch my pdfs.

It remains a solution applicable only to my workstation (I'm the only one to have the cadtool on my workstation, and the others subcontract the integration action via PDM tool task on my workstation (example change of basemaps)

What I would like to have in the end is that when I call the room and I make a separate drawing of it, there is a property that indicates that in BOM.

After to fill this yes can be used integration or something else, but smarrtbom will not be part of the development. at worst I use the CSV export of PDM

Hello

I have the same case, I bypassed by:

Creating  a Welded Parts List Table for the Nomenclatur

detail plan by a bubble annotation with associated quantity see PJ

Is this what you were trying to do?

Cdlt

annotation_bulle_avec_quantite.png

@ yannick.petit  does it work on a different sheet of paper from the sheet where the table is?

Custom variables such as sheet metal thickness descriptions can be added to annotation bubbles ..... with extra quantity

Yes, it works on several folios

Enclosed a test file

Part2.slddrw

PRT File

part2.sldprt

For a mechanusoudé it works, but an assembly? 

I retain the solution for the speed => it answers a question I hadn't asked lol

For an assembly, it depends how you proceed?

1st page: Assembly bill of materials

2nd page 3rd .......     detailed plan of a part  ,  this  from a part or assembly file?

- From an assembly the quantity bubble works  (hide the unquoted parts and delete the unused lines )

- From a part, it must be possible using a free EPDM variable

Modify this variable in a SolidWorks 3D BOM table

I am in the case 

1st page: Assembly bill of materials

2nd page 3rd .......     detailed plan of a part  ,  this  from a part file

I think that the principle of the PDM variable remains the easiest to achieve. 

There is still the filling of this variable  because for a classic MECA part it works but you need a rule that prevents you from touching the standard element (even if it means not putting them in the general drawing or in simple visual information .

Good luck

1 Like