European drawing on solidworks

Hello

I have a big doubt about my drawing, I would like to have your opinions, because I am lost after looking for information on the internet.

Which of my views is good?

For my part, I'm thinking of doing the front view at the top left and then a cross-sectional view projected next to the top right, right?

Thank you in advance for your advice.....

piece1.pdf

Good evening

Your projections are correct, according to the European projection.

Let me give myself a few tips: 

1. In the Options => Document Properties => Line Font => Visible Edges "I propose a thickness of 0.35mm, this will really make the difference between the hidden lines but especially with the dimensioning; Moreover, when we drew in the traditional mode, we used 0.35 or 0.5, or even 0.7: moreover, there is a standardization on this subject. " 

2. In the Options => Document Properties => Line Style => I copy the definition of the mixed stroke to the Long Mixed "this will allow the centering axes and all the 'automatic' axes to have a better look."  In addition, on the vertical axis, you have two overlapping strokes (cutting plane + centering axis), Result: we see a continuous line.

3. Install the designation of the cup at the top of the view and without the word "cup", it comes from the English (and Germanic) translations. In France, we don't note 'Coupe', we accept the word 'Detail'.

4. In this kind of part, with 3 or three tapped holes placed at 120° (by the way, the 120° axes are missing), the cut "speaks" better if it also follows the path: Broken cut with intersecting planes. We take advantage of a cut to show the interior and in fact, this interior running at 120° would be more perceptive ;-)

5. The name of the section: C-C, is (for several years now) an extension of the section plan and no longer on the arrows (Too bad, I prefer your representation).

I still take the liberty of posting an example (dated for the start of the school year on March 2nd). Solidworks makes it easier for us to create illustrations by being able to insert perspectives, realistic renderings, etc. so I don't deprive myself of it. Starting from the fact of making an easy and clear reading, the technical side will always cling to the standards of drawings, dimensions, geometries,...

Good luck to you, friendly,

Lou B.

plan_dt_09.pdf
5 Likes

Good evening

Thank you for your answer, I take note of your remarks, I have a question about your plan, why did you draw the cross-sectional view starting from the bottom left view?

Good evening,

+1 for the broken cut view with a line that goes from the top to the center and then from the center through the thread.

Since I've been on SW (about ten years) I've noticed that a full color iso view at the top right has become commonplace so don't deprive yourself of it as long as there's space on your sheet.

On the other hand, maybe change the CC to AA if it's the only one on your MEP.

Hello to you both,

@Floriantf72 => The cutaway can start from any source view (even a half-view). The important thing is to see clearly where you are going (in order to read in both directions)

@FUZ3D => concerning the naming of the eyesight: it is true that the question can be asked. For my part, the excerpt I posted yesterday is the DT_09 plan of a 21-page Technical File (DT_21). In order to continue reading the plans, I continue the alphabet (and in my case, I go to the L-L section ). This makes it possible, during an exchange, student, trainee, customer,... to quote the cup directly and not to have 12 A-A (in my case). Two years ago, I was the author of a national BAC PRO subject, and there too, we had this discussion in the reading and correction committee, my registration was validated almost unanimously, including two inspectors. I've already had the case in business, and it's really easier to let the alphabet run for the same file.

That said, the other writing would not be wrong, because we would start from scratch for each part, or sub-assembly, or edited assembly.

Other : as in watercolor, the reader or observer can be led to see one or more details of the whole presented. I do it by overlaying a detail. See the attached pdf

;-)

Lou B.

plan_dt_02.pdf
2 Likes

Good evening

One last question, if I had positioned my front view at the top right instead of the left and then made the cross-sectional projection in the other direction, would it have been correct?

Good night.

Hello

There are different ways to rate this type of coin.

Here's a plan of a room that looks like yours.

If it can help you

Have a nice day

mpe_piece_tournee.png
1 Like

Hello

@ lou.bellavia what is your trick to have colored areas?
Because for presentation documents it looks good

1 Like

@yannick.small
It seems to me that in the (old?) standards, when 3 holes were equidistant (here at 120°) the angles were not graded.
Anyone have any info on this?
@lou.bellavia
nice partial color, same question as Pierre, how do you do it?

Hello Aliende,

We indicate equidistant hole angles for our Chinese machinists.

For our French machinists, we add equidistant in the  rating note

We make color assembly plans:

Here's how we proceed, @lou.bellavia is there a simpler method?

Right-click on the relevant file in the Drawing Building Tree.

Click the component's line font.  

Selecting a working layer with a color

Yannick

policie_de_ligne_composant.png
1 Like

Thank you @Yannick.little
I like to understand how companies work , it allows me to discover original tips.
I'm waiting for Luigi's answer on his color method.
:°)

Alan

Hi all

As @Aliende says, it is very enriching to exchange with other people.
There is always a little thing or trick that comes out, an approach that we didn't consider...

And the same I am very interested in this tip from @lou.bellavia.

Jerome