Model out of range modeling

Hello

I want to open a step file of a mold sent by a supplier but a message appears "This model is outside the modeling limit of 1000 m"

SldWks 2016

How to do it? knowing that it is a 300 x 300 x 300 mm mold

Thank you for your help

Hello

Do you have the possibility to send it in private msg so I can see?

If not, try to see with these attached settings

parametre_douverture_step.pdf

Hello

This is probably a document unit error.

Or it's a mistake from the time of export. In this case, if you have the possibility, ask for a step export again, making sure that the export unit is in mm.

Otherwise, it may be your own import options that are wrong. You just need to follow the following steps to check it:

• File/Open
  • select the STEP category
  • click the Option button 
  • Make sure that in the Unit category, the "File-specific unit" option is selected

If it wasn't, it should solve the problem.

Otherwise, it is also possible to modify the units of a document template to return to a unit within 1000 m² (to avoid requesting the file again without the export error). But it is better to have a precise idea of the theoretical dimensions of the mold to avoid any conversion errors.

2 Likes

Hello

I have already encountered this problem but it did not come from 3D. There was a sketch in my file with dots that wandered very far from the main sketch to such an extent that when I zoomed in at best, I couldn't see anything on the screen.

You can actually proceed like "cdemuynck" and "manu67" to fix this unit problem.

None of the solutions worked

I have the precise dimensions of the 300 x 300 x 300 mm mold.

How to modify the units of the model so that it fits within 1000 m²? Like the Sugère "Cdemuynck".

Boinjour,

This is a bug that has been fixed in SolidWorks 2016 SP2.

Error 'This model is outside of the 1000m modelling limit' appears while opening this STEP file.

SOLIDWORKS

Implemented 2016 SP02

To download SolidWorks 2016:

https://www.solidworks.com/sw/support/downloads.htm

:)