Conveyor belt modeling

Hello

I think it won't be too hard but I'm completely faltering, I'd like to model a conveyor belt, which follows the curved plane and comes back to fit the diameter of the motor-drum.

Thank you

sans_titre.png

A sweep with a V-section for the top and then a flat section that rolls up the roll

3 Likes

You would have to have the part to test. I would be tempted to use a smoothing or border! To be tested...

1 Like

Hello

for trough conveyors like this, I do an extrusion of the belt profile on the trough part, a revolution of the belt profile around the winding and between the two I make a boss with as a first sketch the V-shaped profile of the belt and as a second sketch the flat profile wound on the drum.

sw03.jpg
3 Likes

A gang as an example in the PC!

Good luck

exemple_bande.sldprt
1 Like

Yes David in fact you create a scan but without the scan function! ^^

2 Likes

Yes:) I still do a first sweep function with a constrained sketch in my assembly (which evolves according to the lg of the conveyor) and I only  rework the trough part of the conveyor.

1 Like

@Mathieu wouldn't you want a gang that could circle around your machine?

Do you want to simulate his machine in real conditions?

1 Like

Oh yes if he wants to do that it's impossible in my opinion with a "monobloc" tape

By thinking a little^^,  if you want to make @Mathieu a "mobile" strip that rotates around your machine like in reality.

I'll build my tape with lots of small dishes connected together by a coincidental constraint on their edge like this, it will allow you to move your tape in your assembly.

But for the deformation of the top... now I'm drying! ...

No Bart, I don't want to simulate, I just want to put the belt on the "aesthetic" conveyor.

In this case, @David to the solution;)

@+

1 Like