Modeling of a cardboard box packaging

Hello
I would like to make a cardboard box from its unfolded packaging (see attached attachment).
As I'm new to SW, I'm thinking about the easiest way to make this project happen.
For now, here is the sketch of the box.
- I can't give volume because of the various folds I think I symbolized by edges?
Can you help or guide me in the realization of this project.
Thank you :oops:

box.sldprt
2 Likes

Hello

You have to use the sheet metal module to be able to make pleats:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghalOYesjlU

4 Likes

show us screenshots + easy to read for all of us

so easier understanding and more relevant answer

1 Like

Hello, here is a screen print of my sketch in SW as well as the photo of the unfolded box.

On the other hand, I have a lot of trouble understanding the principle of folding!

Thank you

box_esquisse.jpg

you already have big mistakes on the side 

2 Likes

@GT22: it depends on the thickness of the cardboard, if it puts the same dimension, when it bends there will be material interference.

@Immac:
- clean up your sketch a little: strong lines should not cross: use the Adjust tool and then collinearity constraints for example,
- from your sketch you define that it is a flat sheet metal (function "folded base sheet")
- then you make the folds with the "sketched fold" tool

Attached is a single piece (1ply) in SW14

pliage_tole.sldprt
2 Likes

To use sheet metal tools, see my tutorials:

http://tutoriel.solidworks.free.fr/crbst_60.html

Alan

2 Likes

Hello

I just did a new try (see PC), except that I would like to animate it, is it possible?

@ alain. ERP:  thank you for your tutorial it's great your site

@ stefbeno : I can't use the "folded base sheet"  function after making the sketch (I would like to start from a sketch and define the folds afterwards. In my test, I proceeded fold by fold, it's tedious!

box-test-01.sldprt

There are many tutorials on YouTube by typing bent base sheet

Otherwise, as indicated, there are no more strong traits than those on the outside. The easiest way is to change the other strokes to construction strokes.

Hello

@ .PL : what is the meaning of strong and thin lines?

@Immac: Have you loaded and opened my room?

Hello

I didn't talk about thin lines.

SolidWOrks handles simple strokes that will be strong on the drawing, and construction strokes that will appear discontinuously.

1 Like

@ Immac Laval

a screenshot would be nice we don't all have the same version

or more to see how you made your box thank you

1 Like