Modeling a domed room with holes

Hello everyone ,

I want to make this part (photo attached) in 3D with Solidworks, but I don't really know how the part starts, it's half dome 63° with a height of 200mm with the holes inside the dome,

In your opinion to start this piece,

For my part, I started with a "smoothed boss/base " but then I struggle to make the round and square holes.

Can you help and advise me?

Thank you in advance for your help.

capture.jpg

I attach the STL file for a better visualization

200-dome1.stl

It's not easy to guess on an image or a facetized STL the geometry you want for your project. A detailed plan would be best.

For me, at first glance, the dome is made by revolution.

The square opening by two removals of material per revolution (one for the first wider step, one for the opening opening) ditto for the stairs to the top of the dome.

For the round opening, I don't see if it's cylindrical or conical. He does more info.

The different gussets in extrusion and then circular repeat.

All this is only supposition. Without a plan, or an explanation of the assembly constraints, we won't be able to tell you more.

5 Likes

Hello @sev-et-fab 

The best is to post in parasolid 

This is the native SOLIDWORKS kernel

like that everyone and everything log/version

will be able to intervene more easily 

@+

1 Like

Hello @sev-et-fab  ,

I agree with @yve's analysis about the lack of information on the use of this part, especially what is functional, and what is just dressing. However, we can imagine a volume design in a dozen functions.

Based on the stl model, with the inaccuracies that this implies:
- implementation of a 3D sketch that defines the key points of the volumes, and some future lines of symmetry or revolution.
- several sketches "raised freehand, at best" on the triangulated version to deal with certain details.
- removal of links with the STL model: defective sketch relations removed and replaced either by a dimension or by a "Fixed" relationship to constrain the entities. All that remains (!) is to generate the volume functions...
The result can be enjoyed as an attachment, in the 2018 version.

M.Blt

200-dome0.sldprt
2 Likes