Scandinavian lamp modeling

Hi all

I've been struggling for a few hours to model a lamp that my wife wants me to make but I'm stuck on the design to get my ribs.

On the trapezoid design, the 2 arms are angled 4° towards the inside of the trapezoid. Then the trapeze itself is tilted forward by 10°.

Impossible for me to model the cuts of the wooden cleats for the bottom of the trapezoid.

The cleats have dimensions of 30x30mm by a height of 1400mm. The bottom crossbar is 300mm long.

Can you help me?

Thank you

tasseau_g.sldprt

Here is the bottom crossbar attached.

pied_bas.sldprt

Hello

Using the welded mechanic functions will take you 5 minutes, once your 30x30 cleat is in bib.

@+

10 Likes

@ Coyote just gave you the answer

and in my opinion there is no + simple

@+ ;-)

1 Like

Yes Coyote was the fastest (beep beep!).

This is the solution! The combination of 3D sketching with mechanical welding (well it's wood!)

Kind regards

Jean-Michel SAVOYAT

3 Likes

Thank you for your answers.

I think I expressed myself badly. The welded mechanic will just follow the sketch without giving me the sections relating to the positioning of the cleats in relation to the ground.

In the attachments I added to post 1, it's more telling.

But I can't assemble the crossbar to the cleat. Because I can't draw the sketch for a removal of material.

The fact is that if your low crossbar is of the same cross-section and the same angle 90° 

you will have a recess either from the ground it will rest on the ridge of the cleat

or for this piece it must not be square in section but diamond

so that each side is in the extension of the perpendicular part

@+ ;-)

ps think about how to pass your wire for the lamp ;-)

The images speak better. I can only constrain one side when assembling. For the other 2 sides, nothing to do, I have a lag but I don't know how to solve it.

See if your section is good with the measure tool among other things 

and measure the offset being sure that the opposite side is   collinear

@+

Good evening, After several tests I think that the cleats are not all of the same shape, especially the outer uprights

to arrive at something almost good.... I made the 2Ts and the central crossbar in square (3 sketches, bottom plane + offset plane of the bottom plane and then 3D sketch)

And to join the diagonal parallepip across I placed rectangular ones playing on the angle. 

Small discrepancy due to my library. 

2 Likes

As our friend @ Gerald says

if you want the wooden ends on the same plane

your sections will not be similar and no square or rectangle sections ;-)

@+ ;-)

2 Likes

Hello

The welded mechanic does not just follow the sketches but allows you to have the wood compacts with the cuts, I would push you my ifchier but I am in SW2016 and not you a priori.

Try it you will see in 5 minutes you have your cleats with the right cuts, follow the tutorials about the welded mechanic if you have never done one.

@+

1 Like

@ Coyote

for this part the welded mechanic is not the most appropriate

why because the sections to have a perfect visual

the faces must be collinear

which cannot be done via the same section

and + all sections must not be at right angles

Among others the low and high crossbar of the trapeze

The sections must be diamond-shaped

(it is true that nothing prevents you from creating a profile for these sections)

and there the mechanic welded to all his assets ;-)

for perfect flatness continuity of the base and top

well that's what I understand from the sight of the play ;-)

@+ ;-)

2 Likes

@gt22,

I agree with you for the low and high crossbars, but once the welded mechanic is obtained with the right cuts, you just have to "add" the extra material on these 2 parts, well that's what I find the easiest.

@+

2 Likes

@yohan, at worst if you don't want to or can't do welded mechanics, do everything in multi-body and don't bother with the assemblies.

@+

4 Likes