Modeling a liquid contained between two rubber envelopes

Hi everyone

So here is my somewhat complex problem, I am currently studying a basketball called the TARMAK and I am trying to simulate it on SolidWorks, it contains two layers of rubber with a liquid contained between these two envelopes. It's not water, it's mostly a substance that has more the consistency of honey even if it's less fluid, in short... I would really like to simulate this liquid in a resistance analysis of materials to the arrival of a sharp object to see how it behaves.

So I have 2 problems, how to model this liquid in a realistic way and especially how to simulate the action of a nail for example coming to hole this balloon and therefore the exit of the liquid from the balloon (for deflation x is negligible)

I know this is a complex issue, but I know you are experts ;) So there you have it, thank you in any case to those who will have the sympathy to help me

PS: I can't use any other software than SW

Hello

With solidworks only see the flow simulation module... But it is paid in addition to solidworks.

There is floxpress but only simulates water and air with few parameters (inlet temperature, pressure or flow). The result obtained is the velocity and flow profile only. 

For a different viscosity, look for a number of reynolds, pressure drops or heat transfers, only flow simulation will help you...

http://www.solidworks.fr/sw/products/simulation/flow-simulation.htm

Good luck

1 Like

IMHUMBLE OPINION impossible via solidworks (sorry) ;)

you have 2 layers of rubber

between these layers a gel if I understood correctly

and in + you want to simulate a nail that pierces a thickness of rubber

to see the gel drain

already if you want the gel to flow

It's like the tube of toothpaste, the internal pressure must be higher than the external pressure

I wish you a lot of courage

if necessary I want to learn and understand 

@+

2 Likes

First of all, thank you for your answers and your attention,

Indeed it's quite difficult with Soldiworks, so I was recommended Catia to do it which is a more complete software, so it will be for next year that I will do something like this. :D

Thank you again, it's nice to see your answers.

1 Like