Edit Common Folders Pro

Hello

I want to add a shortcut in the "Common Folders" pane on Pro/engineer (Creo Elements v5).

I know how to add some in the "Favorites" folder, but I'd like it to be at the same level as the Desktop, My Documents, In Session shortcuts,...

lynkoa-dossiers_communs.png
1 Like

Hello

So try to go to "tree" at the bottom of your window and create a new folder (see attached image).

I can't because I think it's a matter of access.

After the creation either the new folder appears at the top, or it appears at the bottom and in this case there will be "just" to deploy the tree tab each time.

Thomas

commonfile.bmp

Hello

I still don't have Creo (only 20 days left.... )

But I tell myself that if it chews on Wildfire 4 it must work on Creo

As in the attached image, in the Pro/E browser, right-click on the folder you want to add and you have "Add to common folders"

dossiers_communs.jpg
1 Like

Otherwise, still in the Pro/E browser, you put yourself in the folder you are interested in, "Organize", "Add to common folders" (see attachment)

For this technique, your folder should already contain Pro/E files

I hope this helps you

@+

dossiers_communs-v2.jpg

Hello

Below are the instructions for Pro/e Help:

You can also add a link to a folder in the Common Folders list from the Folder Tree by right-clicking the folder and selecting Add to common folders from the shortcut menu. You can also remove a link to a folder from the Common Folders list by right-clicking the link and selecting Remove from Common Folders from the shortcut menu. The folder's navigation settings are lost when the cache contents are deleted.

So, basically, you right-click on your directory and then Add to common folders.

S.B

Thank you very much for the different tips.

All the options you mention are grayed out: it seems that the associated database software blocks these options in the folders I am interested in.

I'm going to wait for the return of my PLM admin and we'll see together in the settings of the database.

Ink, thank you for the ultra responsive answers!