Modification of a welded mechanical profile without modification of the stresses

Hello, I am looking for a solution not to lose the constraints attributed to a welded mechanic profile when I change this profile.

Is there a method?

Thank you for your help.

Frédéric

Hello

I don't think there is a solution to keep the constraints, because the change of profile creates a new body, and for SolidWorks they are no longer the same entities!

The only solution would be to change the profile sketch without erasing any lines, just changing the dimensions to keep the same body.

2 Likes

What constraints are involved? I'm not sure I understood all of them...^^

I think that this is the constraints of an assembly that uses a part with a mechanically welded profile.

In this case, no, unless the profile changes by can, in this case, you can go through a sketch conversion, but only if it's a diameter that changes or whatever.

If, for example, you start with an IPN iron and end up on a U iron, it's dead.

1 Like

For which project should you do this?

Hello

I confirm not possible DSL.

Good luck.

1 Like

and by fiddling with a constraint on the sketch? 

on the other hand it doesn't work if you place parts to be welded on the chassis 

The constraints follow as long as your sketches have the same Internal ID, i.e. the same file at the origin of your entire library, where between 2 profiles there are only variations in dimensions, but always with the same segments.

3 Likes

This tutorial can help you.... =)

http://www.leguide3d.com/profiles/blogs/profile-mecano-soude-avec-excel

Thank you for your help, so apparently there will be no solution.

Hello

For metal structures, in order not to lose the plans of the plates placed on profiles, for example, we generally create new ones that are constrained compared to 3D sketches.

I don't know if it helps.