Editing STP File

I'm looking to modify this stp file (part of a drone) to fix components on the inside wall of this "hood".

Could you help me convert/rebuild this file so that I can build shapes based on the inner wall of the hood...?

Thank you in advance, I am a novice with solidworks (computer engineer by training, I use solidworks only for 3d modeling of parts to be printed...).

tarot_cover.stp

HELLO

There' s FeatureWorks that recognizes functions and rebuilds the creation tree.

3 Likes

Good evening

Thanks for the info, when I try to use featureWorks; The "Recognize Functions" function is disabled.

The import tool seems to be run automatically successfully.

An :) idea?

15112019.png

Good evening

Look here http://help.solidworks.com/2012/french/SolidWorks/fworks/t_accessing_featureworks_commands.htm

Kind regards

I checked that the add-in is active (with restarting solidworks), but the option still seems to be dissatisfied (previous message screenshoot)

151120192.png

Hello

It seems to me that from the screenshots it's a part of a future version and not a dead body.

Can you share the file so we can take a look at it?

Hello

SW2019 version, I would rather say that it's a step file imported with the "Interconnect 3D" function enabled, in plain English it's a step file in an assembly, a bit like a virtual file so:

- Disable the "Interconnect 3D" function, see HERE.

- Re-import the step file into Solidworks.

- Launch the recognition of function.

Kind regards

The stp file is in PJ of my very first message.

The import diagnosis seems to find problems.

151120193.png

You click on the "Try to repair everything" button, then if everything is repaired, you launch your function recognition...

Already tried, there are defective faces

Here is your part after import diagnosis and function recognition, but hey, it doesn't recognize much and a large part remains imported...

Kind regards

tarot_cover.sldprt

I saw your message after I posted mine.

Thanks for the part, I'm attaching the stl version if it can work better...

tarot_cover.stl

It inserts a graphic object with which I can't do anything, I tried again on the step by changing the options and I didn't get better than the part already provided...

Kind regards