Bulk Solidworks ePDM Custom Property Change

We're trying to concatenate two 00s to a custom property of all of our Soilidworks files. Using the Integration utility seems to work on the property present on the document (.sldprt or .sldasm) but not on the associated configurations, despite the option selected in Integration to apply to the document and to all configurations.

2 Likes

Hello

I don't know if it can help, but with a part family in Excel you can insert these zeros and define the contents of the boxes as text.

Hello

Is the property to be concatenated present in all the configuration or only on the document?

Depending on that, you have to look at the option to read the properties.

Otherwise try with BatchProperties

Philippe

2 Likes

Hello

Everything is up to date: Solidworks and utilities?

1 Like

Bojour,

The property is to be read and performed on the document and on the configurations (directly on the source files of the ePDM). The problem actually comes from Integration 2015 which does not read the info in all configurations (and does not apply it in reality either). In the 2016 version this has been fixed the hotline told me.

The hotline gave me a solution which is to create a true/false variable on the documents to be modified with the Integration conditions and then apply the concatenation on the document and its configs. with batchproperties for the documents with the new variable. This is possible with the filters in the utility.

I think it will solve my problem.

Thank you all for your information. and implications.

Thank you