Changed the unit of mass by the data card

Hello

Let me explain, currently we change the mass to Kg or g and it follows on the plan, only the unit of mass does not follow and we change it manually.

My goal would be to go through the given card of the room or set to be able to choose the unit you want displayed on the plan.

Example: I create a 1200 g coin, I enter my data in the data card and I choose to go in Kg from it.

In the end, on the plan, the mass will be displayed 1.2 Kg.

Is it possible to do something like this?

Thanks in advance

1 Like

Hello

What is the software?

When you mark Data Card do you speak in PDM?

2 Likes

Yes, sorry I didn't specify it but I use SOLIDWORKS Premium 2017 x64 Edition SP3.0.

When I talk about data maps, I'm talking about EPDM data maps

1 Like

with a condition it must be possible

if + 1000 /1000

by adding a box in your drawing cartridge

1box g

1 kg case

@+

5 Likes

Hello

Would you like to do this below a certain mass? Like if less than 1kg, display the mass in g?

Because if so, we could do something like this to remind in the cartridge:

After that, it remains to be seen how to manage the units. Having only one mass square, i.e. kg or g, would be great!

4 Likes

Otherwise there are also create 2 Mass properties, one in gr, one in kg

In MEPs, you just have to manage it by layers, one to display in gr, the other for kg.

Switching layers to visible/not visible is easy.

2 Likes

Ok but on this account you might as well display g and kg as proposed @gt22. It has to be a minimum "automatic" I think!

2 Likes

At worst, depending on the weight of the part that you can see by doing Shift-M in the room or in the ASM, you choose the MEP in Kg or g. You will just have to create both types of background.

1 Like

Otherwise there is still the solution to create a note for the g's and another for the kgs that you will import manually or via macro if you master.