Change the camera aperture angle in animation mode in SW Composer

Hello

Do you know how, in the animation mode of SW Composer (3DVia Composer), change the opening angle of the camera to feel like you are passing through a cylinder and coming out the other side?

Hello

I think we need to create another camera, about that, I found this:

http://blog.gxsc.com/graphics_systems_solidnot/2011/12/draft-tips-for-using-depth-of-field-in-3dvia-composer-2012.html

http://www.solidsolutions.co.uk/blog/2012/10/3dvia-camera-top-tips/#.U76oV5R_vr4

I see that you are a trainer, you must have access to the Composer training exercises. There is an exercise to be done with the swing, where the movement of the camera is such that you can see the climb up the stairs, the passage through the tunnel and the descent to the tauboggan.

It seems to meet your needs.

1 Like

Actually

The only problem is that the result is not the same between the training file and a lambda file. That is why I am asking the question. Maybe there's an option to tick off...

What exactly is going on? The camera doesn't "enter" the room, does it always remain in view outside the model?

I want, in an animation, for the camera to go through a hole to do a demonstration animation. When I test on a practice file in the Composer manual, it does exactly what I want but when I do with another example, it doesn't work anymore. Here is my methodology:

- At 0 seconds, I create a standard camera key
- I create a grid that adapts to the hole I want to pass through
- At 2 seconds, I create a camera key (with the "Create Camera Key" tool in the "Animate" tab) and select for the camera point, a point on the axis on one side of the hole and the second point (focal point) always on the same side in the direction of the hole
- At 4 seconds, I create another camera key in the same way as the first one except that the first point is on the other side of the hole and the second point, always in the same direction.

In the example in the course, the assembly is zoomed in and it feels like you're going through it.
In a different test, the assembly is not zoomed in and it looks like a "cutaway plane" is moving to hide the objects.

I put not only the two files: example of the course and test.
I also attached a third file that may explain the error: viewing the viewport by turning the assembly without having done anything.

What to do, is there an option to check, is there a bug?

composer.zip

Hello

With the help of the hotline, I come to give some clarifications and answer to my question:

To pass through a component in the animation mode:

- Enable perspective without any camera existing in the rating bar

Change the camera's opening angle:

- Place a camera key (with the perspective mode activated beforehand) in the place where you want it. Then put yourself on the time t of the camera key to visualize the annimation at that time. Use the wheel to zoom in. By using the dial, the camera's opening angle is enlarged or narrowed.

Thank you all for your help and your answers and wish you good continuation.

1 Like

If the topic is still relevant (maybe it may be useful to some.

I found the option that allows you to change the camera angle to perspective by default.

You have to go to File -> Preferences -> Camera -> Default Perspective

I leave at 45 degrees for close-up views (human size) and at 25° for aerial views of factories.

Kind regards

1 Like