Changing a Face Angle of a 3D Solidwork Object

Good evening

I managed to create my adjustable eyeglass frames, but now that I have extruded and made the intersection of my parts, there are faces of my pieces that I would like to make customizable to change the inclination of these faces!!!! to adjust the nose caster angle

Attached is an image of what I would like to tilt with different angles

capture_8.jpg

Tests with a chamfer that can be scalable

Did you rate and resolve on your previous post?

or via a guide curve with sweep removal

your choice

@+ ;-)

1 Like
It is possible to change an angle in the sketch by a part family or an equation. You can't modify the 3d directly.
2 Likes

So if I want to add the nose  pads with adjustable angle, can I do it directly or do I have to make another part that I assemble afterwards or a boleene operation is possible?

You can add more material if you want

make another piece, and take tool combine

you can do it all

@+ ;-)

1 Like

Something like that?

@+

1 Like

@gt22

Yes and no! it has to be configurable, but I think I'll get there 

1 Like
Yes, it is possible to create a second part and make configurations from part families on it, and to configure the assembly accordingly. Or it is possible to configure everything in a single multi-body room.
1 Like

Hello,

I think that in your case, a removal of material with a draft angle can simply do the trick.

You can also use the draft function on your side panels

But I'm not sure I understand your need because each operation is parametric in solidworks.

A little more detail would help us advise you

++

Without more details personally I will just opt for a stripped down function.

2 Likes

Hello

If I understand correctly; The angles are not the same depending on the faces, so you would rather need a smoothed function => you create planes (perpendicular to the face) where you want to impose an angle and you create the corresponding sketches. Then you make a smoothing between these different sections (it may be easier in surface by the way). If necessary, guide curves must be added to impose the trajectory.

This operation must be carried out before taking the leave. If you want to add pads, it's probably easier to add the material before as well to make the cut only once.

Sorry, I don't have SW on hand so I can't give you an example.

1 Like

In fact it would take the Bossage base scan function with 2 profiles and a path like the sweep to rail function of rhino.

I'm going to try in surface, but for now I'm trying to orient a plan for my second sketch but I can't orient it as I want

No need to do surface. The sweep function exists in matter elving.

When I don't have a support or reference for my plans, I use a 3D sketch with a straight line and a point. to create my plan.

It is easy to orient it differently after the fact.

@+ ;-)