Edit a custom field on all parts

Hi all

I use a parts/assembly model that was created long before I joined the company.

I noticed that there is a typing error on one of the settings. (No one wants to fix it and we keep using it with this error ... " too complicated !!  ")

I would like to correct the parameter title on all existing parts and assemblies (about 7000), my models and as well as the drawing cartridges that use this parameter.

Is there an automated solution?

What would be the procedure ?

Thank you in advance for your answers.

JT

parametres_personalise.png

Hello

I don't know if I understood what you wanted but it seems to me that by changing in the "customize" tab or instead of "specific to the configuration" it changes in all the configurations so maybe in all the rooms.

But I guess you've already tried it.

The easiest way from my point of view is to develop a macro that you run as soon as you rework an old file to correct this value and correct the default templates as soon as possible

2 Likes

Otherwise there is via a batchproperties utility or integration developed by axemble there is the possibility to do this very simply without macro and in batch.

And you can even schedule it for a weekend with taskplanner but for that you need access to the mycad utility

3 Likes

PS: I'm relatively new to SW, I don't know how to administer file templates. There is no SW administrator in my BE, so no real model or library.

As I'm a little interested in it, I think this load will fall on me.

-> Roub25 : not tried, a tutorial to illustrate?

-> MaD: I know a little about Microsoft VB, but I didn't have time to look into programming in SW. Just like Roub25, tutorials to get you started?

Thank you

1 Like

-> Sbadenis : Thank you, how can I find him?

You can download all the utilities in the mycad store then mycadtools and you choose the 2016 or 2017 setup according to your solidworks version.

Once installed, I will guide you on how to create the rule under integration or on how to use batchproperties.

1 Like

Since you want to change the name of a batchproperties property doesn't work. (It is used to quickly change one or more property values on the fly and in batches, but not the property name.

So you have to use integration.

Rule if attached

Here is the method used:

-the And condition: if a property exists with the value "Descritpion config"

The 2 operations to be carried out:

-Added a "Description config" property to add the value of the Descrtpion config property

-Delete the "Descritpion config" property (Be careful in the test phase on one or 2 parts by unchecking this step this step this will allow you to check that the value of the new property is indeed equal to the old one)

EDIT: the rule didn't work, I just replaced it with a functional one

modifer_le_nom_dun_propriete-v2.mcact
2 Likes