Automatically change a scale on a drawing based on a configuration

Hello

I have a problem creating drawings. I'm creating a file with configurations for a standard product of my company. This same product can have many different Ø (from Ø65  to 250 for the same file for example). So I use parts families to save time. 

My problem arises during the drawing because the views and scale will work for a Ø65 but when I switch to a Ø250 it will no longer fit on the sheet. 

So I'd like to know if there's a possibility or an option for Solidworks to scale the parts that would be off-page on its own. 

I was thinking of adding a column on the Excel file of the part family in which I could specify if it will be at a 1:1 or 1:5 scale for each reference but I couldn't find anything that could match. 

If anyone has an idea or a solution, I'm all for it! 

Thank you and have a good day. 

A little Up! 

No one has a solution or just an idea?  :(

I don't think you can manage the scale of an MEP in a family of rooms. Unless you do a macro development that would look at the scale sheet by sheet and adjust it according to your Excel table.

Simple question, wouldn't it be possible to make a generic drawing for all the rooms with a simple table with the different values?

1 Like

Hello sbadenis,

I'll try to look at macros then. Thank you for the answer!

This is what was done before. However, it is now necessary to have a plan for each size to meet each particular customer request. 

Hence the interest of the family of parts, which allows you to create a configuration with particular dimensions quickly.