Molding Rebuild errors: Cannot connect sheets together

Hello

I'm trying to make a mold of my piece.

But once in the "core/footprint volume" function, the error "Rebuild errors: Cannot connect the sheets together." occurs and I can't solve it.

I enclose my piece.

Thank you very much for your help because I can't find solutions.

modelisation-support.sldprt

Hello

Have you made a canister part and then assembled your part with the canister part and then used the imprint function?

No, I don't think I did that.

well if I understand the question correctly.

I just reproduced a piece because I need to make the mold of it, that's all.

(The only thing I was able to change from the part is 4 all perpandicular to the direction of opening the mold because I didn't know how to insert them into such a mold otherwise.)

In fact I answer from my mobile phone and have not seen the play. But I deduced that you wanted to make a mold of your piece. Is that it? In fact, as I said before; You must use the imprint function in an assembly with one or more dummy parts for the mold.

Yes, that's exactly right.

I reworked my part and I think the error came from some lengths not defined in the basic modeling.

However, I get a new error: "The sketch should contain a single closed outline."

Probably related to the sketch that gives the shape of the mold.

I made it with a rectangle and 2 arcs to follow the shape of the parting line.

(it's my first mold that's why I don't understand everything:)

modeling-support2.sldprt

See if there is not a small line lying around in one of the corners or junctions of points. I'll be in front of my PC in 30min to see unless we manage to do it like that.

1 Like

I feel like I've progressed, the display of the preview of the mold before creation works well.

However, I spoke too quickly about my last message.

And the mistake from the beginning is still there. "Can't connect the sheets together"

modeling-support2.sldprt

And yes, thank you for your message, it was indeed a little line that was lying around.

I just got back and I'm going to have a look...

OK, thank you, I'm always in the same place in my work.

The part from which you want to make the mold is up to the Draft4 function and the rest is not part of the part or I'm wrong???

Well, I don't really know.

I want to make the mold of the part, up to at least Boss.-Extru.6

The rest of the Bosses are only there to help make the skin.

And otherwise the drafts, line and parting line are only there to create my mold.

Ok it works, I'll see to make a file of how I'm going to do it because I'm in Solisworks 2016.

1 Like

Yes sorry I'm only on the 2012 version but I haven't found a way to get a superior one.

Sorry about the bunch:(

Otherwise I managed to make the mold :)

I decreased the size of my parting line to 5 mm (it's not much) and it works.

On the other hand I still don't understand why it does this?

If you can figure out why tell me:)

Otherwise I thank you very much for what you have done, thank you.

PS: Do you have a way to make a mold with a version of my piece that has 4 holes on the round part, after the cross. These holes would therefore be perpandicular to the opening of the mold, that's why I removed them. If there are  no solutions, it's not a big deal.

Did you manage to make your mold? To put the 4 Ø in it, I think it should be done in 3 parts, but it will be more sporty... Well if you succeeded, there's no point in me refacing it.... If I helped you well, don't forget to validate me as the best answer... Thank you ;-)

2 Likes

Ok thank you very much

But you're welcome and see you soon on the site

Can you help me I have the same problem?

Hello
Of course, this is the essence of this forum.
But this topic dates from 2016, so you have to open a new question, indicate what you tried, what error messages you get, post your piece.

1 Like