Movement part

Hello.

Having used the Insert/Part function on a 3D sketch, I would like to know how to move, rotate, etc... the inserted piece alone (female arch tail).

In my attached example, impose constraints as in an assembly. Is this possible?

Thank you

image7.jpg

2 possibilities that ultimately call for the same function but whose behavior will not be the same despite everything.

Either when inserting you check the box "with the move/copy function", or you use this function via insert/functions/"move/copy".
This function can be used in 2 ways: either via translations/rotations along defined axes or via constraints close to those available in assembly.
Note that when you combine insertion and function, SW doesn't like it when reordering the functions created later.

Question: what is the point in your case of inserting the 2nd part into the first one rather than making an assembly?

1 Like

It's very simple. I have to connect together 2 sketches separated by 83 mm by the bossing/extruded function to get a single piece.

Personally, I didn't understand anything????????

A complete explanation

would be welcome

@+

1 Like

I have to put together 2 3D sketches.

All this to get only 1 coin at the end. (see example)

image8.jpg

Still problems of understanding 

I am not convinced of the approach and the request 

@+

1 Like

I want to join them together with 2 existing independent 3D parts, as if welded to each other by the Bossage/Extruded function and then transform into a sketch of a single part that I could modify.

In this case you make an assembly of these 2 pieces

This will allow you to use the assembly and displacement constraints tools

it is sufficient once the parts are well positioned and constrained 

records this assembly in part

@+

3 Likes

If it's just for these 2 pieces that the problem arises, given the non-complexity, it's faster to measure and remodel them correctly, rather than making convoluted constructions with links between files.

1 Like

Sorry but I don't understand anything about how this site works anymore.

I indicated as the answer that solved my problem that of gt22.

All replies have gone to: "This answer solved my problem"

In the case of my current project, it is the fact of saving my assembly in

"part" which allows me to manipulate the 2 bodies independently and to modify them at will.

Thank you to all of you.

No, not all the answers have changed status, it's just the display that is changed to allow you to change your mind.
The only real answer is the one outlined in green just below your question.

OK. Thank you.

Should I somehow put the subject as closed?

No, that's all right, you chose the answer of @gt22