Part Detail Level ipt [INVENTOR]

Hi all

Do you know how to create a level of detail on a part (not an assembly) on Inventor?

I would like to be able to change the level of detail of it when I insert it in a large assembly (remove some extrusions).

Thank you

A priori it is not possible, a trick could be to put only this part in an assembly.
2 Likes

Ouch..... And what does Solidworks offer about it?

on SW you can zoom in for details

See this tutorial among other quotation tool

http://www.lynkoa.com/tutos/3d/outil-de-cotation-dans-les-mises-en-plan

@+ ;-))

Thank you gt22 but I'm not talking about details at all for the drawings.

I am talking about the "level" of detail. To imagine (this is an example): A sheet metal with lots of holes, I place this sheet in an assembly with 150 other sheets like this one. I would like to be able to control the deactivation of material removal from the holes in order to lighten the assembly.

1 Like

Hello

In SW you can make a configuration of your assembly that refers to configurations of your parts.

To put it plainly:

In your parts, you create a lightweight setup without your drillings. Then in your assembly you create a configuration that uses the desired configurations of your parts.

2 Likes

@ aurelien in general on SW

to avoid overloading for nothing, especially for assemblies of large assemblies

we avoid making the holes directly, it overloads for nothing

we put appearances that have no weight and do not overload your file

because 150 holes x 150 sheets = 22500 holes and minimum 3 stresses per hole

donx 67500 constraints

it's starting to go down RIGHT?

@+ ;-))

There is also the speedpak, which also only works for assemblies. The same trick can be used: a one-piece assembly. Otherwise, a simplified configuration can be envisaged: we remove the functions that we don't need and we use this configuration in the assembly.

There is also the complex assembly mode to automatically unload the memory, automatic lightweight mode on parts that have not been opened.

1 Like

@gt22, he was an example!

Our process being secret, I chose a form that is as close as possible to the reality ;)!

In complex assemblies or large assemblies there are rules to be respected

Assembly/sub-assemblies/sub-assemblies/parts

If the parts have a fast reconstruction time, it can be tested and optimized via the appropriate utils

you can go to an impressive number of pieces

if necessary a tutorial is present here on the site

@+ ;-))

1 Like

Thank you all,

Well I was a little bit derived my basic question, so @.PL answer this question as best as possible.

On the other hand, thank you for the answers about Solidworks, next time, I'll ask another question ;)!

1 Like

And to go further in the explanations, I went through an "IPiece" by creating a "normal" state and a "light" state.

In short, it works!

Thank you for the configuration vein!

2 Likes

You can always hide the function of the holes

Right-click on the "hide function" function

Thank you Cisco86 but I want to be able to control these function masks with a state of the part. By transforming it into an iPiece, I was able to make two different states controlling these masks.