File name of the base part in a symmetrical part

I'm looking for a trick to retrieve the name of the base part from a property  of the 3D file of the symmetrical part.

Explanation of the "why and how":

My piece in the plan (example: WTC96D90_000R0) and my symmetrical piece (example: WTC96D91_000R0) have very distinct numbers (to my great despair !!!), I would like to put a note on the layout of the symmetrical piece of the genre:

NOTE: see exhibit on plan WTC96D90_000R0

Obviously I would prefer that the part  number WTC96D90_000R0 is not entered by hand but comes from a symmetrical property of the part.

2014_05_21_piece_symetrique_nom_du_fichier.png

@ flegendre

if it's a symmetrical part that has its own identity (normal and logical for me)

Why would you want to use the refs of your master mirror?

@+ ;-)

Hello

I don't know if it's possible for you, but a simple thing would be to take the nulmero of the base piece and add a suffix like:

WTC96D90-000R0-S

Basically, without adding anything, you immediately find the number of the original part.

S.B

1 Like

@flegendre,

Did you check the "Custom properties" option when you did your part symmetry? It recovers the properties of the parent! And it works very well.

Edit: FYI, if you didn't do it from the beginning, you can edit your symmetry function in your SYM room and check the option again.

screenshot308.jpg

@Benoit,

I checked the "Custom properties" option for the SYM part.

I do have a SolidWorks property in my base part = NOM_FICHIER

Yes, but for my SYM room, I apply smartproperties too, so my NOM_FICHIER property takes the name of my symmetrical room.

@s.b.: I agree with you (but it's not possible for the moment!!!) for me the name of a Symmetrical part is BASE-SYM FILENAME 

There, like this, apart from a macro...

1 Like

Hello

Why not change the SmartProperties with a "Symmetrical Room" checkbox to keep the original file name?

That is to say @Lucas?

I got around the problem:

On symmetrical part drawings, I have a Reference property that has the value:

Symmetry (see Plan No. 1)

Note: on the piece on the plan,  the value of the property is:

Therefore, during the manufacturing process, to make this symmetrical part, the plan with the even number must be opened just before.