File name equals property name

Hi all

I'm looking for an automatic way to save my drawings with the parameter file name equals a property.

Let me explain.

Currently, our drawings have their file number as their filename. This number is currently filled in by hand.

Recently, I finally understood how the counters of the MyCad suite work, so I managed to create a property that will be my plan number. Now, I'd like to save my plan with this property as the file name.

I want to clarify that we don't have EPDM (which could do this very well and very easily).

Thanks in advance

Fred

Hello

Since you have MyCad, you have access to SmartProperty which allows you to name the file automatically, or even save it automatically.
All you have to do is activate this option in the settings,

The ideal is to create a NOM_FICHIER property in your SmartProperty, so you can concatenate several pieces of information.

2 Likes

As proposed by Pierre S, the option to go through SmartProperties integrated directly into SolidWorks via myCADtools is a very good solution and quite simple to set up.

Everything is customizable with as many variables as you want, including counters, and you can set the recording to automatic.

2 Likes

The other option is to assign the name of the file to the property.

Well done gentlemen,

Just go to the smart properties settings and in automatically rename the file to give it the name of the property it should take!.

Thank you very much!

1 Like