Maximum number of configurations in an assembly

Hi all.

I am calling on your experience on assemblies containing several configurations.

Indeed, I am designing a welding machine with 80 different parts to make, which will give me 80 configurations in my main assembly.

Is there a maximum number of configurations that an assembly can support?

I'm on SW 2020 SP5.

Thank you for your feedback.

Hello, I don't know about the maximum number, but 80 configuration is fine (I just created 1001 conf of 2 parts without problem!), just to take into consideration that if the assembly is complex (number, complexity, volume.... large number of parts), having multiple configurations will decrease performance,

--------------

Now that I think about it, I can have a place in the Guinness Book of Records not ?, (^-^)

6 Likes

Record broken then: 280 configurations for a simple assembly (conveyor base with length configured per part family)

In my opinion, there is no software block on the number of configurations. The only limit will be the PC which may lag more and more depending on the complexity of the configured assembly.

2 Likes

Personally, I wonder about the point of making a part with 80 configurations instead of one assembly...

3 Likes