BOM with a precise level of sub-assembly

Hi all

I model a fairly complex set of parts. My final assembly, includes subassemblies, which in turn include subassemblies, and so on on 5 or 6 levels. To put it simply, let's imagine that I model a village, made up of city blocks, made up of houses, made up of walls.

I need to show a specific level of sub-assembly in my nomenclature.   In the type of nomenclaure, you can choose just between rooms and first level only i.e. between walls and blocks. How do I choose exactly the level of subassembly I want to appear in my nomenclaure?

For design flexibility, it is difficult for me to explode my subassemblies to reduce the number of assembly stages.

Thank you for your insights.

Romeo.

To provide a little more precision, I need to use BOMs to identify the precise number of elements, to be able to bubble the elements of a drawing, to identify configurations, etc.

You have to choose coins only and play in the properties of the configurations of each subset (even if there is only one configuration) with the promote/hide options.
It has to be done on each subset for it to spread properly.

1 Like

I find it difficult to understand how you can "bring down information" to the scale of a room.

The nomenclature will look for data at the scale of the walls. How do I get them information about their state at home?

Thank you

Does the wall have variable information depending on the house?

It's good. I've tried it out at this level and it's working very well. In fact, at the Home level, you have to go to all the configurations or indeed, Default if there is only one, and check in the properties of the configuration, in the BOM Options section, the Hide box. This allows the house to "hide" the information of these components and is only displayed during a BOM at the part level.

Thank you Stefbeno.

This is the problem with bills of materials with CAD software (on  this point I only know Sw and Inventor).
It takes a few tries to grasp the finesse and interactions of the settings.