Bill of Materials and Hidden Parts

Hello

Can we exclude hidden parts from the nomenclature of a drawing (in my patch I have three visible pieces and 5 in the nomenclature (2 hidden)?

If so, I would like to have this choice on the drawing and not in the properties of the part which would have repercussions on all the drawing nomenclatures.

Julian

2021-09-07_08h33_00.png
1 Like

Hello

It is possible to exclude parts from the BOM by right-clicking on the part and then ticking Exclude from BOM.

may the force be with you.

1 Like

3 options:
- at the ASM level, exclude components from the BOM (even if it means making a specific configuration);
- at the ASM level, put the components in the deleted state (still to be seen with the configurations);
- Hide the component in the BOM.

What type of BOM do you use (parts only/first level)? Why are these components hidden?

3 Likes

Hello 

To be taken into consideration that only in parts (body) removed that the total mass is relevant, hiding or excluding parts from the nomenclature does not remove their mass. 

1 Like

@stefbeno 

This is a first level, I avoid deletion so as not to have to touch the configurations and to avoid losing constraints with a connex or parent assembly. I think it is possible to do better, but it requires more knowledge of the software.