Nomenclature and mechanical profile

Hi all 

I am currently drawing glass roofs in solidworks 2018 with the "mechanically welded elements" tool. I have in my library a profile "Finned tube 50X30-2 WINGS OF 20 TE(1)". However, when I create the welded parts list table, here is the name under which the tube is referenced: 25X50 finned tube-120 wing. 

This may create errors when ordering. 

Do you know where the discrepancy can come from? 

Looking forward to your return, 

Have a nice day 

Hello

I guess the difference comes from the fact that "Tube with fins 50X30-2 WINGS OF 20 IN TE" is the name of your file in your library and that "tube with fins 25X50-1 wing of20" is the value of the "Description" property in its custom properties, see HERE.

Kind regards

2 Likes

Hello, try to see in the folder where your SLDLFP file (file of the welded construction function) are stored. In windows explorer, if you go to the properties of this file, it must have a description property that can be different from the name of the file and that corresponds to the name used in your nomenclatures.

The easiest way to modify it is to open your SLDLFP file with Solidworks and save it as by modifying its description.

capture-1.png
2 Likes

I put the description description in the SLDLFP file. 

It was this problem, but I don't understand where he got this name.

Thanks for the help, 

Your library was probably created by copying and pasting a file and modifying it and the person who made it must have started from your " 25X50-1 wing 20" finned tube and forgot to change the description.

2 Likes

For your description to follow, the value must be specified as below, you must select the construction dimensions of your sketch.

2 Likes