Parts Schedules and Prices for Parts in a Parts Family

Hello everyone I am working on the SLDW 11 version,

In order to see the price of the parts appear in one of my standardized BOMs, I have no problem with normal parts after having of course filled in the custom  properties, but it gets complicated when a part belongs to a family of parts

I know that you can freeze configs but I don't think it's the right way, because I would like for example to put the prices of screws, nuts, bearings etc ..

that's a reference package

What do you think??

Thanks in advance

YB

1 Like

Hello

It's quite doable. It all depends on how many different screw references you have.

I don't  see what's the problem?

For example, a 4x60 wood screw with countersunk head that costs 0.1 €

Can you detail your problem more precisely?

Thank you =)

1 Like

Then if you want to have the price of all the parts of all the config at the same time, you have to use SMARTBOM from memory, it's a small application that can be downloaded from this site and that retrieves all the properties of all the parts families at the same time.

There you go =)

Do you have a print of your nomenclature, with the lines that are causing you problems?

2 Likes

For me this is also feasible, by a configuration property. When you go to the File/Properties configuration tab.

If your "Price" variable is entered in the configuration, it will be found in your duly configured BOM (addition of the property). You can also fill it in by the family of parts.

On the other hand, if the final idea is to have the total material cost of a sub-assembly, it will be more complicated because you will have to make a sum of the quantity/price products, and there I don't think SW has planned that!

3 Likes

As Benoit says, if you want to have the total cost, it would be better to go through an excel that will manage the sums and quantity.

And by the Costing module, it doesn't work?

1 Like

Hello

I agree with my colleagues, it's not very complicated!

If the price is entered in the part family, no problem displaying it in the nomenclature!

To view a custom property:

See: "Setting a BOM column header to a custom property" of this link:

http://help.solidworks.com/2013/french/SolidWorks/sldworks/HIDD_BOM_COLUMN_PROPERTY_MODELESS.htm

It is possible to add up a column, to have the total cost of the subassembly directly in the BOM and without going through Excel:

http://help.solidworks.com/2012/french/SolidWorks/sldworks/t_tablesDisplaying_the_Sum_of_Table_Column_Cells_in_a_Table.htm?id=81d15fd55dc04c97ad70477138e008bd

And finally save the template:

http://www.lynkoa.com/forum/cao/modele-nomenclature

1 Like

The easiest way to add a column in a part family is to modify a value in one of the configs and when the part family is reopened, this variable will be proposed.

So proceed as follows:

- Go to File/Properties/Config-Specific

- Enter a property name "PRICE" and fill it in

- Select another config from the drop-down menu called "Apply to"

- Re-enter the "PRICE" property with a new value

- Confirm by clicking OK

- Edit the room family, it will suggest that you add a column for this variable. Click on it, and fauites OK

You now have this column that you can fill in!

1 Like