Normal to

Hello

I lost a very simple option, impossible to find it.

When I started a function (e.g. material removal) when I clicked on the corresponding face or plane, Solidworks put me in normal view.

Unable to find this option when installing SW 2016.

Thank you;)

Hello Bart,

if you go to the tools==>customize==>keyboard and you search normal to and you assign it a keyboard shortcut or via the S key...

1 Like

Hello

Is that what you're looking for?

May the force be with you

normal_a.jpg
4 Likes

EDIT: burned by force...

Under the 2104 it is in System Option\Sketch automatic rotation of the view in the normal direction to the plane of the sketch creation

I have Normal to in the small floating menu by selecting a face for example, on SW2016

Weird that you don't have it.

Or click on the face and there you have the space with the available options that opens and there too you have normal to.

Dac, I had misread the question. I thought you were looking for the icon in the floating menu.

Indeed, for the part to rotate when making a sketch, it is in the options.

Bravo Obi Wan

Nickel! Thank you all =)

Hi all

Don't forget the search box in the options, it saves me all the time and saves me minutes of searching.

@+

1 Like

Hello@Bart

I'm delighted to have helped you but on the other hand I can't stand to work with this option, to see my piece turn in all directions when I start a sketch disorients me, I can't see where I am anymore.

may the force be with you.

I'm the invnerse^^

Question of haitude I think.

On the other hand, for a sheet metal creation, I would like it to also rotate to normal at. But now, he goes into isometrics

@bart,

As a site above, I don't support this option, on the other hand, to simplify my life, knowing that I'm right-handed, I set a lot of my keyboard keys on the left side so as not to let go of my smile and in this case I set the key " W = normal to " in this way, if I need to be normal to it's enough for me to"Pressing W without even letting go of the mouse has become a reflex. It may be a rammed earth to be dug.

May the force be with you.

1 Like