SOLIDWORKS Skin Standard

Hello

I would like to know how to configure solidworks so that by default when I make my drawings I no longer have 2 decimal places after the decimal point on round ribs.

I modified the dressing standard, but I can't load it by default when I put it in new shots... I am still forced to load it manually.

Another question, I created a new basemap and I would like to know how to load it by default. 

Thank you in advance.

Rémi

Hello

You have to go to the bottom right of the display, there is either mmgs or something else and there you go to the settings and you set up as you want and you will have to re-save your basemap template so that it takes into account your changes.

2 Likes

Hello

you have to save under your document template...

To do this => you customize the options that seem relevant to you (precision after the decimal point) => save as => .drwdot

http://help.solidworks.com/2018/french/SolidWorks/sldworks/t_creating_a_template.htm

Cdt

1 Like

Hello

Thank you for your answer, I followed your instructions it works correctly on the current plan and I have therefore re-saved the basemap. But as soon as I create a new drawing using the basemap I saved, the dimensions go back to default with 2 decimal places after the decimal point... I don't understand.

Hello AperrO,

Thank you for your help, it works perfectly now.

1 Like

Are you sure you're saving it in the right place and taking the right one? Save it under another name to test and then you will rename it by deleting the old one.