Calculation note

Hello

I'm coming to you, because I'm looking for a software, soft ... free, to make calculation notes.

So by calculation note I mean, resistance of the structure, choice of profiles, staircase load descent, railings, etc....

Can someone give me some information?

Thank you in advance.

Julian

Rdm le mans is not bad for rdm calculations.

Otherwise I don't know of any free software.

Kind regards

4 Likes

Hello, do you use CAD software? If so, which one? Some additional calculations may be free depending on the software.

On the other hand, it all depends on the use you have with these softwares. If you only need to do a few calculations to design without justifying your choices, no worries for free software. On the other hand, if you have to take care of security elements, earthquakes, etc... You have to turn to specialized software that takes into account different possible iterations (example: earthquake + wind then earthquake + loading then earthquake + loading + wind, ....). We use Autodesk Robot to perform this type of framing calculation.

3 Likes

Thank you for your answers, would anyone have an example to show me of a calculation note on a plan to give an idea of the shaping it takes?

Hello

as Aurélien says, what software do you use? Because for example with Soliworks simulation you can do a lot of things. For my part, I use it every day in my designs.

Cdt.

Fred

1 Like

Oh yes, excuse me precisely I use solidworks 2013 and the simulation add-on is a bit blurry for me I don't know how to use it.

Good to know: There are tutorials in SolidWorks to learn how to start the simulation: 

See attachment

These tutorials are great to start with small parts!

simulation.jpg

Hello

In addition, if you have the simulation, it means that you are in SolidWorks Premium and there are calculation charts in the Toolbox tools, you have to activate them in the add-ins if this is not the case.

@+

Edit: these are simple calculation charts for bending for example

To complete Cyoote's answer: http://www.lynkoa.com/mycadservices/abaques

Very good thank you, great tutorials.

But for example I have a bodyguard I have to make a calculation of the load descent, how to proceed, I have to apply the weight of a man on it or I have to stipulate the maximum permissible load due to the materials and section I used.

Hello

If you have never done this type of calculation on a software, I strongly advise you to reproach your reseller to follow a training.

After that, it's not impossible to get by on your own by following all the tutorials and asking us for help.

Regarding your question, there is no need to specify the loads and sections, if you draw your mechanically welded profile and you assign it a material all its data is known by SolidWorks. So you just have to indicate your "blocking" faces and where the force is applied.

@+

3 Likes

Hello

If it is precisely a question of calculating railings, stairs, ... Different standards must be used to determine the costs to be taken into account. Depending on the use, the charges will be different.

Consult mainly the ISO 14122 standards for work platforms or means of access or ISO 12811 for scaffolding.