Note a value of an assembly on a part

Hi all

I'm a beginner on BOMs in Solidworks.

I work on a large assembly and I make a plan to detail each piece. The first page of my drawing includes my assembly with a bill of materials.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 I make a note for each piece and I would like to put a linked value. I need to indicate the quantity of this part in my general assembly. I see how to do this with balloons, by linking the balloon text to a specified table, but I'd like to have this info in a note.

Do you have any idea where to find this value?

Thank you all. 

Hello

You can make a BOM table model with  a column that has a quantity property.

Right-click in the table -> insert a column-> at the top of the column the properties appears-> load the quantity property

CDLT

1 Like

Otherwise you can insert automatic bubbles,  with the part number and quantity

I don't have solidworks accessible, but here is the link to the help.

http://help.solidworks.com/2018/french/SolidWorks/Sldworks/HIDD_BALLOON_PROP.htm

Cdlt

1 Like

I can see how to do this with a bubble or a nomenclature but I was wondering how to insert this value in a note. I don't know how to get this value by extracting it from a nomenclature or a note. These values look like $PRTSHEET "... "Nice thing, but it always refers to a view. I don't see how to refer to a box in a nomenclature.

Hello

To link a speech bubble or others, you simply have to insert a text and link it , click on the desired value, a quote for example, and or a speech bubble and bubbles ... That's it...

Kind regards.

AR.

Thank you A.R

It helps me! It forces me to create a bubble, copy the data and hide the bubble, which is not great but it allows me to achieve my goals. Moreover it sometimes bugs, when you move the note, the value can disappear.

In the help of sw they talk in linking to a property about being able to link to a nomenclature or table row in the intro but they don't expand on this point.

http://help.solidworks.com/2016/french/SolidWorks/sldworks/HIDD_SELECT_PROPERTY.htm?verRedirect=1

Anyone have an idea?