Assembly instructions

Hello

I would like to make an assembly manual for a project I have. I'm calling on you to find out if you had any tools or advice to make a simple assembly manual. A bit like Ikea or Lego.

I saw that there was Solidworks composer, but is it easy to use or if it could really fit my needs.

Software: Solidworks 2015

SOlidworks composer is really what it needs in my opinion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Y0SBvd_AKA

2 Likes
indeed Composer will be ideal for this type of requette. The latter is very user-friendly and quite intuitive.
1 Like
Hello SolidWorks composer is very well done but useful especially if there are changes in the 3D regularly (to justify its cost).

We use Word with templates for each type of machine, which allows us to have all the standards already included, which limits the work.

Then we can imagine using mail merge to directly fill Word files from data from the design (SolidWorks, PDM for example) or thanks to the ERP that we will have automatically exported to Excel!

It's a bit tedious to set up and you shouldn't be afraid to get your hands dirty, but what a joy afterwards!

Then, for more user-friendliness, you can use PDF3D or Edrawings files from SolidWorks, which allow you to make an exploded view simply with the E key on the keyboard.

1 Like
Do the editors always have a computer at hand?
1 Like

Editors will not necessarily have a computer at hand. I see more pdf documentation or an interactive video

Thank you for your answers because you confirm my choice of using Solidworks composer

I don't know the exact price of the Composer licenses, but I'm not sure it's worth the investment if you don't regularly have very similar products to build. Because the handling is still quite tedious for a "simple" assembly manual if the result is simply a PDF.

The creation of Edrawings files in consultation is very simple to set up almost automatically, costs nothing and is also meaningful for experienced technicians.