New myCAD by Visiativ x 3DCONNEXION 3D design challenge

Hi all

It's time for a new 3D design challenge!
In partnership with 3DCONNEXION, experts in CAD mice, we are launching this new challenge on the theme of sports :medal_sports:

The theme is:
Design a robotic arm for fencing training on SOLIDWORKS or CATIA

Today, fencers are forced to train in pairs: no technology has yet been designed to allow athletes to train alone, when they wish. SOLIDWORKS or CATIA users showcase your drawing skills and creativity through this contest! :hammer_and_wrench::robot:

A theme thought out and imagined by the professional fencer Gaëtan Charlot: engineer and high-level athlete! :person_fencing:

Through this challenge we propose you to create an articulated robot that will allow you to simulate a fight. To do so, this arm requires the following criteria:

• An articulated arm replicating the elbow and wrist of a fencer
  • A light signal that indicates reaction times, hit speed...
  • A target capable of recording keys and recording performance
  • A resistant material that can withstand impacts
  • An arm in motion, up and down and left and right
  • Adaptable to disabled fencing

As CAO athletes, who better than you to take up the challenge? You have until September 15, 2024 at 00:00.

Several winners will win the following prizes:
• 1st: SpaceMouse Enterprise Kit 2
• 2nd: SpaceMouse Wireless Kit 2
• 3rd: SpaceMouse Wireless
• 1 voucher code for one person randomly drawn from the rest of the participants

This challenge is a unique opportunity to show your talent and contribute to the future of sports training with innovative solutions!

So, get your mice ready and may the best win! :muscle:
To submit your design, click here: myCAD by Visiativ x 3DCONNEXION design challenge - myCAD by visiativ

Good luck to all :slight_smile:
Coralie

9 Likes

Awesome! A very interesting and complete subject, it promises great achievements!!

1 Like

Top, delighted that the subject is popular :slight_smile:
If you have any questions, ideas or inspirations, please feel free to share them here!

1 Like

To be sure @DoubleL ! But it's a bit hot to do that alone, isn't it?

It promises fights in the teams to see who will have custody of the mouse :sweat_smile:

I would even say more, YOUR talents, because for the time being you need more than one! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

But no, teams of one will do it :wink:

1 Like

Easy to say for you, you're a team of a Double! :disguised_face:

6 Likes

Hi all

It is possible to design it with several people if you wish! :muscle:
I'll give you some inspirations :slight_smile:

The idea is to start with a robot that can at least hold a fencing foil and have an elbow and wrist movement to reproduce an opponent;
Then, it's up to you to add in the right place, a target, light sensors in case of a hit, and elements that will allow the forward/backward and right/left movement of this robot!
Also, a sensor must be added so that the robot can analyze the movement of the opponent's foil and be able to dodge or counter it to simulate a fight.

I know you're going to have some great ideas!!

5 Likes

Not everything can be designed on your project in a limited time, but you can explain in your description how the robot will behave, what materials you used...

2 Likes

Hello @Coralie thank you for these clarifications

for I did not quite understand what you meant by this sentence:

Well I admit that I'm not sure yet, on one side it says " up-down " and on the other "front-back ". :thinking:

Your robot must be able to adapt to all movements and all sizes of opponents: it must be able to adjust itself to the level for height (for a wheelchair fencer for example) and move from left to right and back and forth like a real human

1 Like

An original and interesting subject!

1 Like

Glad you like it :grinning:

For sure it's original and interesting... On the other hand, there is a lot of work! Even if you buy a ready-made robot (I don't dare to imagine the price). Can't wait to see what you come up with :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hi all

Do you have any initial ideas or inspirations for this competition? :slight_smile:
Feel free to share it here!
Good luck to all!
Coralie

1 Like

For my part, the design is well advanced

2 Likes

Hi all

How is this challenge progressing? Do you have any inspirations to share or questions for your design?

Don't hesitate to share it!
Have a nice day :slight_smile:
Coralie

1 Like

Hello everyone,
2 more moves to manage (or 3 ideally) and the biggest one will be done
In any case, I already have the name...

2 Likes

If the name is found, the hardest part is done^^ :rofl:

4 Likes