New SW Welded Mechanic Profiles 2013

Hi everyone,

First of all, I've already read what's on the forum, and consulted the help, but it doesn't work. I have to screw up in one place.

So as you can see, I'm struggling to create new profiles on SW 2013 for mechanical welding.

I am doing my new piece well, with the sketch closed. Then I go to save it in the format that fits well in the "Welding profiles" folder that the "file location" section tells me in options (PJ #1)

But it seems that this repertoire does not exist! It even seems that "progam files" as written in the given address doesn't even exist in my computer.

And when I run a search on the keyword "welding profiles" in my computer, no results...

Any idea where this can come from?

Thank you very much in advance!

Ben

capture.png
1 Like

Hello

if I'm not mistaken, you have to create a welded construction element folder and give the path to Solidworks so that it can search for them. See PJ, do you already have a place to look for those profile sketches and have you ever used welded construction??? Looking in these settings you will see where they are stored...

nouveaux_profils_mecano_soude_sw_2013.jpg
2 Likes

Hello ac Cobra 427,

So yes I have already used the soldered constructs with the default profiles and it works perfectly.

In fact, the little bit of image that I attached to my first message, it's the same as yours except that I cut just the address part.

The problem is that when I look for this address in C: , it doesn't seem to exist.

When I save my sketch, when I select the format, Solidworks gives me a path that looks the same, but is not the same. See attachment

However, when starting with the C:'s windows explorer, it is impossible to follow the same path. That's not weird???

sans_titre.png

See this tutorial:

http://tutoriel.solidworks.free.fr/crbst_120.html

1 Like

Hello

FYI ProgramData is a hidden folder, you have to go to the "folder and search options" to view these.

1 Like

Otherwise look in Programs if you can't find Program Files. It's the same thing but in French and depending on the programs installed it will go into one or the other.

EDIT: Path during the default installation of SW

C:\Program Files\SolidWorks Corp\SolidWorks\lang\French\weldment profiles

or in

C:\Programs\SolidWorks Corp\SolidWorks\lang\French\weldment profiles

To put it simply, you can create your own library and add its path in SW.

It is better to avoid modifying the "systems" directories, moreover it is not necessarily possible (it is not sure that SW agrees to register in c/programs...).

2 Likes

Hello

Yes @stefbeno that's exactly what you have to do.

1-I create a soldered mechanical bookcase

2-I save the folder  in one place X

3- in system options, file location, soldered construction profiles I add the chemein x 

May the force be with you

Hello

Be careful, you need to create an additional subfolder in which you place your profiles.

@+

Indeed, you have to respect a certain form of arborescence, with us it gives

.. \
   SW-CONST-WELDED PROFILE
         steel
            PSU
               UAP100.sldlfp
            HEA
         Alu
            You

Hello 

So it comes back to what I wrote in my 1st post. A new file must be created....

see this tutorial everything is said ;-)

http://www.lynkoa.com/tutos/3d/solidworks-la-mecano-soudure

@+