Digitization of a field

Hello to you.

I have to design a gate with two leaves, for a client.

His courtyard is obviously not flat (that would have been too simple).

As a result, I have to scan the latter to be sure that the leaves do not touch when opening.

I have the simple method of drawing dots, on a plane to connect them by lines, then embossing, then taking the perpendicular plane and doing the same again, but I'm sure there is better, right?

Thank you for your feedback.

1 Like

Hello

if your client has a recent house built by an architect; the latter can provide him with the DXF of the surveys of the land made by a geometer. If so, it will be much easier for you...

2 Likes

Oh no, it's not a recent house, it's a renovation.

I have to do the readings myself with a rule and a level, but it doesn't cause me any problems.

How would you do after having all the points? 

1 Like

I would make a 3D representation. The most important thing is to take the pts after the re-election is quickly done. you have to create two plans with the points of the terrain and connect them to each other on the same plane and close them, then connect the sketches of the two planes together to obtain a volume and then create your portal with everything that goes with it...

1 Like

I would make a 3D representation. The most important thing is to take the pts after the re-election is quickly done. you have to create two plans with the points of the terrain and connect them to each other on the same plane and close them, then connect the sketches of the two planes together to obtain a volume and then create your portal with everything that goes with it...

I didn't really understand the trick of linking two planes together on the same plane.

Do you have more explanations or maybe screenshots? 

You take a ruler of the length of your desired portal if you have and you level it

where you plant 4 stakes at each end, i.e. at each hinge pin and at the right of each open leaf

and between these stakes you put a cord which will be level

via these levels you have your plan references to be able to have an opening with a square gate

then it's up to you to see if this plan doesn't give too much offset for the bottom of your gate  in the closed position

If there is too much visual lag, it is possible to create a gate that is not square

@+

Hi gt22.

For the moment I would like to digitize the differences in height of the courtyard then the rest will be easy (already done)

In my opinion, I will indeed use a ruler and a level to make a topographical survey. 

Still in my idea, I put the different points on a plan. I reread them to create a profile.

Then I take the perpendicular plane to do the same.

Like this:

Then I take the smoothing function and it gives this:

from the front:

and right:

What is stupid about this cross in the middle...

Look at the PJ, use the Surface-Smoothing function to connect your 2 sides...

releve_de_pts.docx
3 Likes

goog job it works.

It's true that I used straight lines in my escisses and not splines

It changes everything.