Numero d'article (No. article)

Hello 

I would like to be able to mark in a welded mechanical part the article numbers on each of the profiles (image 1)

If a drawing is made and a table of welded parts is placed, there is a column "Item No" corresponding to the position in the list of welded parts coming from the part.

What I would like is to be able to add this article number to the profile.

To do this, I make a sketch on the profile and manually mark the numbers corresponding to the table in the drawing.

This step is manual and I would like to automate it.

only I can't find the property No. article when I'm in the room.

there is no correspondence with another property either (e.g. partNo number...)

The purpose of this is to be able to mark each of the tubes to send to the laser cut and then to have on each of the tubes a number corresponding to the drawing, which facilitates the assembly of the welded mechanic.

Do you have any ideas? Another method?

thank you in advance

1.png

Hello

The goal is to automate this in VBA? How do I enter the codes? Is there a look-up table? Or is it already a custom property or part of the file name?

The only option I can see is to create an "A" property where you enter the desired number

Then to create your nomenclature template in which you recall this property "A", delete the column of the default item numbers.

And when you create your bubbles to point it at your property A

1 Like

Hello

You can try with the Part Number property accessible in the properties of the welded parts (right-click on welded parts in the tree and properties).

This property is then accessible and can be retrieved in your room.

The part number property may not be accessible in the part because it must be specific to the welded parts table that you create in the drawing.

To have access to the properties of the welded parts, your text must be attached to one of your profiles, then you click on link and you choose the component to which the annotation is attached and you check the property of the welded parts (or you enter the text directly: $PRPWLD:"PART NUMBER"

1 Like

I use Smartprperties (Axemble Utility) on my list of welded bodies which renames itself automatically (CODE ARTICLE+P01,...........)  and to which I add , in addition, other properties.

2 Likes

I didn't think I'd do that in VBA... It seems too complicated to me.

The welded workpiece table is simply from the basic solidworks...  

I have not created anything more. so I don't really know how this property (Article No.) is created...  

Once the table is created in the MEP, I can also create a table in the room that will use the same numbers that are in the MEP. so I don't know where these numbers are and I don't know how to get them back

To answer Coin37coin, if I do what you propose I have to do it manually and therefore I might as well take the article numbers manually and make the match.

to answer dargaud.anthony, I don't understand your manipulation (for information I have EPDM)

Yes, you do it manually the first time. But afterwards, if you save your formats (in . DOT), you keep them as a template and can therefore recall them from one time to the next

So, it's sure that you give a number manually in your CAD, but you keep a link between the two. If you make a change for example and your nomenclature re-arranges itself (yes, it happens) at least you don't need to check the concordance.

Half off the mark, it's not my day!

In fact, you need to bind a custom property to a sketch text entity.

I have good news, it's possible and the answer is here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLrNP930zCg

Edit:

To link the properties of the welded parts list to the properties of the part, see this tutorial:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3Rd34FjWd4

@.PL

The problem with this solution is that you can only link the properties of the part and not those of the welded parts.

To do this with the article number, you would first have to be able to hang the text of the sketch on the welded part to have access to your own properties.

I think it's not possible to include the part number (or item number) this way.

To link the properties of the welded parts list to the properties of the part, see this tutorial:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3Rd34FjWd4

1 Like

Thank you for this tutorial

I'll see if it's good for me and then I validate the answer

:-)

See you soon