Item number

Hello

I would like to know if it was possible in a SOLIDWORKS drawing to automate a system allowing to insert bubbles that would display the article number (position in the nomenclature) as well as the name of the part file on the same line (in a single click of course). We have seen that there is this kind of function (bubble with separation line) but our part numbers (internally) being relatively long, the bubble is always too small... Thanks in advance 

mise_en_plan.png

Hello

To my knowledge, this is not possible. I would have a solution, but it is not done in 1 click. Let me explain:

-Create a view with all the bubbles (only the guides), which you can place outside the basemap if necessary.

-On the view where you want your placemarks and filenames to appear, place an annotation. Once in the text edit, click on the balloon corresponding to your component on the previously created view (the balloon and its marker will be displayed), and add the property corresponding to the file name you have identified.

-Copy this annotation and paste it onto the next component. This is where you have to be rigorous, because you have to edit the text again to replace the speech bubble by clicking on the speech bubble on the other view corresponding to this component...

It's tedious and it can't be done in 1 click, but it works, even if the base marker changes it follows in the annotation.

Julian

No easy way to bubble in automatic with a personalized bubble so we stayed with the simple bubble and the information in the nomenclature in addition the simple bubble takes up a lot less space in the MEP.

After that, the person reading the piece just has to look at the marker and look at the corresponding article number

3 Likes

Hello

Alternatively, you can create a circled note with the links of the position as well as the article in it. The only downside is that you will have to place them manually.

1 Like

Yes sorry, thank you @ac cobra, when I say annotation I mean note...

j

Thank you for your answers,

Ac Cobra 427, I had gone with the idea of inserting the lines of code in the settings of the bubbles and then the text of the bubble. But I don't know the line of code to display the position, but I do know the one for the file name:$PRPMODEL:"SW-File Name". I'd like to add the line of code for the position before the one for the file name.

If you know this property, could you share it with me. Thanks in advance

I don't know by heart, but if you edit your BOM and if you double click on a position number you should see the code.

1 Like

Or after editing the nomenclature you click on a position number and you right-click and I think you can edit the links.

1 Like

Here's how to create a directory where to store all your future notes that you're going to create and save.

http://www.lynkoa.com/forum/cao/bibliotheque-d-annotations

1 Like

The position is the article number, it seems to me (to be found by switching from automatic bubble to text, the formula is kept)

When you create a note, you can link to the room by using the hand icon pointing to text. See attached image

screenshot_2017-08-17-00-16-39.png

Thank you for your answers,

I tried your manip to get the line of code of the NO. article but I couldn't find it. I think that the Pos must be linked to the article number and that's why we can't find its line of code.

If you create a note in the assembly drawing and click the hand icon that shows the text; You dig into it and for sure there's the two links you need.

I knew I had done it before!

I searched and found a drawing with what you want. When you select the bubble, you go to the PropertyManager and you select in the settings from the top:

circular separating line after at best, then in balloon text, article number or custom properties, and in the lower text, same as bubble text. That's up to you to see and then you record in style.

See PJ

bulle_avec_pos_et__numero_darticle.docx
1 Like