Number of folios in nomenclature

Hello

No matter how much I searched everywhere (essays, youtube, help...) I would like to know if it is possible to include a column for the location (folio, row, column) of a component in the nomenclature?

Thank you in advance.

1 Like

I searched through the nomenclature templates but it's enough to get lost!

1 Like

Are you talking about the location of the component file?

Ah I didn't see that you're talking about Solidworks Electrical ... I don't know sorry.

Hello

Since it is not possible to add columns for the location in the BOM template, I recommend using the combination of a material BOM and customizing component marks.

In this solution, you must agree to locate all your symbols by including the location, for example for the M1 engine: M1 - COL:10 - L:2

To do this, you can customize the registration of components at the project level (Project Configuration\Coordinate Systems\). Use the custom cueing mode and a formula like: FIL_TAG + COM_ROOT + COM_NO + "COL:" + SYM_COL + "L:" + SYM_LIN

For the nomenclature, choose the nomenclature of equipment entitled "ReferenceByTagWithFileNumber_Metric" which includes the "File" or File column, in other words the folio number.

The "Landmark" column will allow you to know the location of the column and row and the "file" column the folio. 

If for a component you have several symbols (e.g. power switch on folio 10 and the coil on folio 30), the folio number of the component that will appear in the nomenclature will be that of the 1st symbol inserted in your project. This is the case in the screen preview where some components have a symbol on a synoptic (folio 11) and another on the multithreaded (folio 21,22).

Good design.

bom-colonne-ligne-folio-composants.png

Hello

indeed there is this solution, the names are a bit long but just by putting the foliio as a prefix (11KA1, 13YV2...) it can make it possible to find + easily the components.

Thank you for your contribution.

Kind regards.