Obtaining a Surface from a Dividing Line

Hello everyone , 

I have this piece from which I would like to get the info of the intermediate sections and I wanted to know if it was possible to create/define surfaces from the creation of dividing lines.

If it's not possible or if there is another method I'm all for it! 

capture.jpg

Hello @Romain Dromard

Until my little comrades give you a better idea, here's what I'll do.

1° Make plans in the places where you want to have your separations.

2° Make a plan that is outside the room but parallel to the N plans made.

3° make a sketch with a simple circle whose diameter is greater than the largest diameter of the piece.

4° Removing material up to the 1stplane

5° make a sketch on the plan used with the duplicate function, this will give you the exact shape of the perimeter at the place of the slicing. The measure function will give you the perimeter, area, etc...

6° make a block of the sketch obtained.

7° When you have the different blocks and you position them on planes, you can do all the smoothing you want (or any other thing.)

Kind regards

Hello @Romain Dromard

3° make a sketch with a simple circle whose diameter is greater than the largest diameter of the piece.

5° make a sketch on the plan used with the duplicate function, this will give you the exact shape of the perimeter at the place of the slicing. The measure function will give you the perimeter, area, etc...

7° When you have the different blocks and you position them on planes, you can do all the smoothing you want (or any other thing.)

Kind regards

Hello

Kind regards

Hello

Yes, it is possible. Once the dividing lines have been created, select one and then Flat Surface.

and a surface is created at the dividing line.

Otherwise, there is the cutting tool: Insert/Cut which can also be useful.

or create plans where you want them, and use the intersection curve.

2 Likes

Thank you both! 

The cutting tool was the solution I was looking for since I had to retrieve the information from the intermediate sections and with sketch creations it's great!

1 Like