Punching Tool in Solidworks Library

Hello

in my company we use RADAN to make nests and send the programs to our punching machines.

My question is the following:

I would like to put the tools of our machines in a Solidworks library via an excel file, if possible, without having to redraw everything. So that it can be used when I create my pieces.

How  should I go about it ?

Thank you

MARTIN. Julian

Hello

Are the tools very different from each other?

In any case, you must use the dz part families (with one or more files).

For me the simplest: create a tool in 3D and then create a configuration with another tool as different as possible (be careful to modify the dimensions only in the active configuration in the side dialog, it's the last icon it seems)

Then create a family of parts automatically and admire the result in the excel file.

Then you just have to copy and paste the columns into the excel file and modify the values you want

Type: ROUND, SQUARE, RECTANGLE, OBLONG

+ all the stages: ETOILE, HEXAGONE, TRAPEZE etc.

I have to create them in 3d even if I only use the shape of the tool?

To get an idea of how it works, watch this tutorial:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jpiQewaM7sw

1 Like

With us, we have the material removals caused by our punching tools in the function library (as well as the removal for keys, circlips etc.). And so as not to have too many elements, a single round with configs for each tool diameter.

These elements are saved as "lib feat part .sldlfp)

This also allowed us to create directly in libraries functions with 2 circles / 4 oblongs etc...