Slow SolidWorks File Opening on SolidWorks Composer

Hello

When I import a SolidWorks file from SolidWorks Composer, the file opens unusually slowly. I've experienced much shorter times and it has nothing to do with the file size which is rather light. 

I attached a screenshot of the message that appears at the end of the import and I wonder what the "SldWorks.exe process does NOT exit" means

For your information, the import is successful despite everything but is much too slow.

Thank you in advance for your help. 

message.png

I assume that you open an SLDASM file from SolidWorks Composer and it converts automatically.

Have you tried from SolidWorks to do a "Save As" and select the "*.smg" and then open the result with SolidWorks Composer?

1 Like

Yes, it's true that it's much faster. 

But I need the direct import into Composer and I know it should work normally.

Thank you for the advice anyway

The import is done anyway, but the problem comes from the time to do it.

In fact, on a workstation, equip composer to import solidworks files, solidworks importer needs solidworks importer, this solidworks importer starts the sldworks.exe process, opens the file in the solidworks, converts it to composer and closes solidworks.

With the error message you get, it looks like it doesn't launch the import in fact.

You should see when you do the import if the process sldworks.exe it launches directly or not.

1 Like

Indeed, it is indeed a process problem. 

In case it doesn't work: SolidWorks is open

If it works: SolidWorks is closed

When SolidWorks is open it is a problem and I don't know why. 

In short, I found the trick but it's not normal. I'll let you know if I have a more specific explanation. In the meantime I can do the imports directly from Composer by taking care to close SolidWorks first. 

Thank you for your answers.

Happy design to all