Opening Solidworks Blocks

Hello everyone,

I was recently changed my tower and since then I can't open my blocks under solidworks (2012)??

If you know where it can come from, thank you.

Is it by chance that there was a transfer of ownership at the same time as the license or is it a complete reinstall of the tower on which the solidworks was installed as a new install?

Yes it's a complete reinstallation of the tower, brand new tower so the IT has everything installed on it (solidworks, movex, acrobat......)

Is there an error message when opening a block or nothing happens? Is the version of SolidWorks the same? Have you taken over the configuration of the old workstation with the assistant?

No error message, nothing happens, and I don't seem to have the configuration of the old workstation, I didn't take care of that, they brought me my new tower and took the old one. without asking myself much question.

No colleague's computer to copy their configuration? It's in the start menu in the SolidWorks folder: wizard to copy the settings (to be launched on the workstation or it works to export them, then the other to import them.

We need to reassign the extension of the block to Solidworks.

Tell windows that .sldblk is pro supported by Soldiworks.

And in the Solidworks options, in file locations, indicate the folder path of your blocks in the block tab (see image)

bloc.png
1 Like
No colleague's computer to copy their configuration? It's in the start menu in the SolidWorks folder: wizard to copy the settings (to be launched on the workstation or it works to export them, then the other to import them.

Nickel, it comes from there, indeed, the program associated with opening the blocks was not the right one, it was indeed the solidworks logo but it was solidworksinstallfield, something like that, so I associated solidworks at all and it works.

Thank you Bart and thank you all!!

Have a nice day.

1 Like