Opening STEP file

Hello

When opening a STEP file on Inventor, have you ever found that there are not all the elements: for example, missing holes on a metal frame ?

On Inventor I don't know but on SolidWorks

It even happens that you can't completely convert a step 

to be able to work on it properly

Your step comes from what log at the base...........?

maybe choose another format?????????????????

post your WWTP to see what it could look like with SW if you want ;-)

@+

Hello

I'm on solidworks and yes it happens to me. The explanation, my carpenter draws the frames in volume but the holes are in surface. To see them I have to switch to wired. I don't know if it's the same thing but look just in case.....

May the force be with you.

3 Likes

Hello

Send me the step file I see in Inventor if there are things missing. I will send you back the part in Inventor format.

but personally I've never had the case.

Good evening, I'm working on Inventor and the steps cause small problems from time to time depending on the original software, or even options for creating the step.

First test:

In your step opening options, you can choose if you want surface and/or solid, threads, stitches ..., have you checked the checkboxes?

Second test:

In the step opening options, you can select the compostite function, which creates one or more surface bodies (I don't really like this function);

Third and last test that comes to mind and which works on step from telka type carpentry software:

If you have Inventor, you have Autocad Mecanical, so in a blank dwg, insert your step and then save it in .dwg. This allows you to validate the step (for example if the holes are present). Since Inventor opens the .dwg,

2 Likes