Opening a file

Hello; I would like to know why when I open a file with its corresponding reference and well it doesn't keep it as a title, SW puts me in the title piece1, it's annoying because we know more after that it refers to the part???

Kind regards.

1 Like

Hello

Is it when creating a plan from a 3D?

Simply register it and SolidWorks will suggest the same name as the part or assembly.

1 Like

.PL, these are 3d iges files and well when I open one to be able to make a position in front view and then save it well  it doesn't keep the original name.

1 Like

Yes, it's for a later drawing. But precisely when I want to record it, it doesn't put 1 piece.

Hello

Indeed when opening an iges the name of the original file is not kept, but when you save you just have to select all the files in the type to repoint to your igs and just change the igs extension to sldprt.

@+

2 Likes

Thank you .PL and Coyote for your help

Have a nice day

1 Like

It must depend on the version of sw, in my case the name is kept... (SW2015 SP5)

In a macro, it is possible to retrieve the name of the opened file (e.g. with a function <dir> or with Name = swModel.GetPathName) and use it at the time of saving  with e.g. longstatus = Part.SaveAs3(Name, 0, 0)

Hello

I have the same problem. I followed your advice to the letter. However, nothing worked. Maybe it's a fault with my computer or I misunderstood your terms since I'm not really a computer pro, so I ask you to please give me the simplest explanation possible. Really, thank you from the bottom of my heart for your answers.