Open the part folder

Re

Ok I looked at the image wrongly, on the other hand my solution works on an assembly open in SolidWorks and therefore on the "open in Solidworks" part and not on the "recent" folders or the explorer folders.

But if @Batch123! wants to do this without opening the assembly, in this case you have to use SolidWorks Explorer and there it can do a lot of action!

@+

@ coyote:

My deepest excuses: in "File Explorer" I was in "Recent Documents" and not in "Open in SolidWorks"

Your solution works perfectly.

Sorry again@coyote. Ouch, not the head!

2 Likes

After 21 responses, we will continue in the momentum^^

I quote:

"I'm looking for a trick to easily open the directory where the part file in question is located.

Like for example a right click: open the part folder, or a keyboard shortcut ect ect... "

Why always complicate your life with macros or other wacky tricks, when you can make it simple...

A single click on the part in the assembly followed by another click on open part. Then ctrl+O.

If you have to do this 100 times a day, I understand the usefulness of a macro.

On the other hand, I think that the best solution for the moment is the keyboard shortcut.

Good luck to you! ;)

1 Like

@Bart :

I take the liberty of completing your procedure since our comrade wants to open "in an assembly"

[Bart wrote]

A single click on the part in the assembly followed by another click on open part.

a Ctrl+Tab to return to the assembly

Then ctrl+O and you're in the right folder

[end of quote]

1 Like

Hello

When you are in your assembly, you have the part you are interested in opened. Then you make a file and you see the name of your part appear in the recent documents and when you hover the mouse over the name of your part an icon with a folder appears. Clicking on it will open the folder for your part's location.

Well I tried my macro again it seems to work ... No?

if you run it with a saved document, it opens the explorer on the ...

All that's left to do is assign it to a keyboard shortcut

6 Likes

This macro doesn't work for me (SW 2013).

Here is the macro in VSTA 

You can create a shortcut directly on the "Explorer.dll" DLL.

swmacro.zip
6 Likes